Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Uplift of Sahara Sandboarding

Today I realized that for Spring Break I could go sandboarding. This sudden epiphany serves as quite an uplift from recent events.

I find it interesting how you can fall into such a funk and then the most unexpected findings will spring you out of it. Afterwards, at which, you are then given a choice to either hold onto that happy finding, or let it flutter away. Either way, its a good sign to find that sort of thing to decide on, no matter how little.

SO. Sandboarding:

  • Looks quite similar to snowboarding and/or wake-boarding
  • Apparently a sandboard has different wax than a snowboard, and is sleeker
  • You can't go in Jordan because of the delicate desert ecology, BUT you can go in the Sahara Desert--just a plane ride away. 
  • I really want to go.
Here is a clip to show you what I mean:  (not in Jordan, but i)



In other news, as the study abroad folk have discussed, I am feeling quite anxious. I'm currently at college now, awaiting my departure to sand-land. Friends, friends of relatives, and friends of friends have been scribbling down lots of addresses and names of folk in Lebanon, Amman, and the general Middle Eastern arena for me to say hello to and get a "real tour"--I think having these contacts will not only be convenient and assuring, but they will also be a blast to try to find! 

....I have not had hummus yet while at college (granted it has only been four days). Though I think this is a good thing. If I over-do the hummus, by the time I arrive I will not want so much hummus. Thats the general thought there. 


No comments:

Post a Comment